Monday, August 28, 2006

6 DVD Box Set of Star Wars Coming

I grew up on Star Wars. I saw the original in the theater with my uncle Allen. Why he took me and my sisters is beyond my thinking at this time (I should ask one day). But the movie made the impact on me as it did with the rest of the world. With that said, you would think I would have the DVDs at home and could recount every change and event surrounding the films. But that is not the case.

I have not spent my money on a Star Wars DVD, because every time I consider buying it the Lucas machine keeps promising better and better versions. And I am not one to begin buying every tweaked version they put out. The Trilogy of IV, V and VI have been in the box set now for a few years, but I wanted to wait for all 6 to be released in what I call “Lucas’s Final Release.” Heck, what ever is in the final 6 DVD set will not be the end of the changes I’m sure, but it will be a comprehensive package I could enjoy owning.

I hear this new 6 DVD set will come out in May 2007. I do hope they include all the releases in this set including the original movies and re-mastered sets. If so, The Star Wars Team will finally get my DVD money. They already have my action figure and theater money (multiple theater money). Plus the 3D versions will need to be experienced as well – Keep the technology coming, but please release a box set fans can be happy about

See: http://www.starwars.com for updates (check out the forums)

No comments: