Friday, October 13, 2006

Samsung Fun Run 3K 2006

A few months ago I finally had it with my weight. When suddenly I could not fit into clothes I had purchased only 1 month ago. Age and non-exercise caught up with me. My Taiwan doctor even told me a year ago I was obese (weighing in at 170lbs on my 5’10” frame). Not sure of my weight and health now, but I fit in to all my clothes and I’m on my tightest belt loop size (3 hole jumps).

I began running due to my health and partly due to my watching too many movies. I must admit the Couch to 5K program is absolutely wonderful. I would suggest anyone to follow it. I followed it to a tee, but migrated a few times from it due to a painful knee. I have gone every other day for the past 5-6 months. Knee is still painful, but I get though it. It will normally numb after 10 minutes of running. – Yes it is not the best way for it to heal – I'll go get some better motion control shoes.

October in Taipei offers me a 3K (Samsung Fun Run)
November offers me a 6K (Terry Fox Charity Run-cancer)
December offers me a 9K (ING Marathon- not marathon crazy stick with 9K)

I ran cross country in high school so I have a competitive spirit for the run. I just need to realize that I’m older with a hurt knee and I’m not out to beat anyone or set records. However, I’m nervous about a simple 3K run. I am nervous because I want to do my best and I don’t want to find excuses if I’m “sucking air” at the end of the run. It is so silly to feel this way – makes me feel like a kid again.

No comments: