Monday, July 18, 2005

Reading of My Site (Seday in Tawian)

I have now received multiple emails about my website and blog.  I am very pleased that people are viewing it.  The restaurant section seems to be receiving much notice. Had a few people write about grammical errors, slip ups and such. However, after checking I see the restaurant slogans have caused most of the mishaps. I corrected these errors where I found them.  Here are two items someone pointed out:

 

About Papa Giovanni: 

'"We are Italian and know how to make Italian food." Nothing can be further from the truth. '
Comment: This sounds like you are saying they make horrible Italian food, but I think your review says they are great?

Response: This is the restaurant’s slogan or at least what is in their ads. They are just saying that they make authentic Italian food.  They nor I am saying their food is horrible.  As a matter of fact I rate them as one of the best.

 

About Ding Tai Feng:

Comment: 'People will tell you these are the best and others will tell you these are the best ever! '
-This sentence has 2 of the same opinions, but is stated as if they are different opinions of the restaurant...

Response: You are correct. These are two opinions and stated as different opinions. Some people say they make the best dumplings in Taipei.  Some say they make the best ever!.  I just shortened it in the sentence you are reading above.

 

Someone also made a good comment on my hives writing. Just glad it is over and hope none of you get it. Now I need to deal with a stupid sty.  It is never ending here.

No comments: