Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My Heavens Where Have I Been

My gosh I have been missing for over a month. During this time I'm not sure I've accomplished much. I did however updated the Jasper Timeline and his pictures on this site. So, what the heck is going on.

I took a small break from my daily activities on the computer. I started teaching and I was doing research and studying how to teach Chinese adults English. I took this job seriously (although I have found out many teachers here think I am crazy for diving so deep into it). I took the job as I would any. I dove head first into it. I provide my students with daily notes, articles of interest, and agendas which include: info on the day's class, homework, vocabulary, and suggestions (areas of concentration). My students all seem to like this very much. So I continue it and dismiss the criticism I get from the other teachers. I guess I may take it too seriously, but my schooling and past training tell me not to slack.

I have now caught up on my learning curve. However I did not jump right back into my computer. As you may know I DJ at Roxy99 in Taipei. I have many CDs and a hellva a lot of songs. Needless to say I need to organize them in my MusicMatch program. I like to see my files read: artist, song, album, song number. Plus I like to add the cover, release date and genre to each album. Sounds like much, but with the computer, it is not that hard, it just takes time. One week passed on my work and now that is done as well.

My job hunt (for a marketing and/or sales position) was on hold for two weeks as well. Due to reasons above and the hope of a particular prospect coming through.

I can't believe my email box had 2,039 emails in it from the past week. The scary thing is only 35 messages were truly real. The spam and advertising is just too much. For this reason alone I keep thinking I should start writing out letters and messages instead. For that you need a little money.

That leads me to my final comments. Money does make people happy. It will not buy you happiness and family, but it does take off many burdens and allows you to breath relief which is happiness in itself. Our school (3-12 year olds) business adventure is now doing okay. It took seven months but things are now stabilizing. The problem is my pay has changed (teaching does not pay as high as my previous job), and Esther is not working a paying job (working at Curious Monkey "her" school). So bills pill up and borrowing money has become a norm. This is not like Esther and I and we feel the pressure of it every day. But we are pulling through like champs.

Now time to get back to finding a good paying job here in Taiwan and keeping this site updated. A good paying job will also helps me keep the restaurant page updated. Otherwise I may be telling you more about street vendors, grocery stores and our home cooked meals.

No comments: