Monday, November 13, 2006

Terry Fox Run Taipei 2006

A running bug as caught me. I have kept my schedule of running every other day. So, I ran at the Samsung 3K Fun Run (October) and completed it in some 10 minutes. The Samsung race was crazy crowded. The Terry Fox run was not so crowded (most likely due to people being asked to donate money), but there were a good number of people and the organization raised A LOT of money. I ran the 6K in 18:52.

I must say I don't have an issue with the length of runs and look forward to the 9K ING run in December. My main issue is having the extra "umph" needed to push that extra energy. I have it in the evening when I run, but having it at 7:00am is a whole different thing. I can do without the 5:00am alarm going off on a Sunday.

I must say that after the Terry Fox run I am a bit disappointed in myself not signing up for the ING half marathon. I feel the 9K for me may be a rushed race. I think I would be better suited for the longer haul at this time.

I never really wanted to do a marathon, but I see one coming on this year.

No comments: