Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Breast Feeding in the USA

I just read another article about people being offended by breast feeding. This time the family was ejected from their air-flight.

To be honest I do not understand why there is a group of people that find breast feeding offensive. Or why some people want it banned in any place out side one's home. I could at least understand if some person was feeding their 4 or 5 year old this way. But I believe most women breast feed infants (typically stopping at 1 1/2 years of age at the latest).

Age aside. Let the kid eat. You don't have to stare or watch the breast feeding. You don't need to feel uncomfortable, because, well, you are not doing it.

I only see these stories in the USA, maybe others country societies have issues as well, but they keep it to themselves. Seems to me the USA is loosing its step and the "me-me" attitude is just getting worse. It is no longer the good for society - it is what is good to me the individual.

No comments: