Monday, December 18, 2006

Taipei ING Marathon - my unofficial time

I did not run the marathon or half marathon. I ran the 9K. My un-official time was 44:17. It turns out I was supposed to pick up my number and time chip the day before. I paid for the event 2 months before, but since I do not read Chinese I missed the point of picking up my event package. My wife (being Taiwanese) also read the information, but missed the point as well. So my time is based on my start and stopping of my stop watch.

It was a crowded race and the first 3k was more of a walk/jog than a run. They say some 111,000 people were registered for the race. I just know the line of people extended some 8K. I was finishing the race and people were still starting.

Update (Jan 1, 2007) My unofficial time put me in around the 576 runner over the finish line out of 8,622 official participants (my class rank about 56 of 736).

QUICK FACT: The ING Taipei marathon is the only city marathon in the world that attracts more than 100,000 runners.

2 comments:

Magda said...

Hi there random person I don't know, I can across this while looking for the dates for the 2007 race. I know what you mean I ran the 1/2 marathon in 2005.. it was insane it was moderately crowed the entire run (all 21 k for me). Sucky about the chip and package... they told me directly to make sure I picked up my package a few days before or I would have been in the same boat. Come again this year!
Cheers, Magda.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I come across ur blog while searing for taipei marathon. Can you share with me which hotel u stay in?

I would like to take part in this year marathon

THanks!

Jerry
Jerrycoaching@yahoo.com