Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Taiwan AC Sick Days

Oh boy, the time of year I dread in Taiwan. Winter and spring are over. Although there never seems to be an actual winter as I know winter to be. Personally there is no winter. It is just an extended fall that somehow seeps into spring. Today is surely summer. It is just getting to damn hot. My body likes the gradual build up to the heat, but this year it went from a nice day to a blistering day. Because of this blistering day and days to follow - air conditioners will be running at full blast. This full on assault of AC is what makes one sick I believe. Your system (body) just goes into shock. You get this lingering headache and sometime nausea from the bombardment of hot to cold/cold to hot. There is not softening between unless you run a fan a few days to get used to the heat. But a fan will do you no justice. The airflow hitting you will cause the same feeling a sickness the AC does. So, the AC is what it is.

My son, I and a few co-workers are all sick. Not sick enough to call off, but sick enough to cause your body to drag and ache. The colds are starting to. I am now sniffling and my son has been sniffling for two days. Most people want to wipe his nose as soon as little water is showing. He hates it. I normally wait until he has some build up this way it does not bother him so much. Plus he has that cute drippy-nose kid look.

The heat is on in Taiwan and those blasted AC headaches are on the rise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As many links as you want!

Anonymous said...

to all of the major RSS feed directories on the Internet.