Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Super Typhoon Talim hits Taiwan just days after Hurricane Katrina hits the USA

Super Typhoon Talim is just about ready to hit Taiwan. My family woke up to just a wonderful warm day today (8:00am). At around noon the government called a emergency and said business are to close at 4:00pm. I went to pick up Jasper at GymBaby (his learning center) at 2:00pm. It started raining hard around 1:00pm. Coming home with Jasper on my scooter was not a fun task. First off he hates to be under the plastic parka I wear to keep dry. However, as the rain and wind hit him he quickly found refuge under the parka. I normally drive the MinQuan Bridge at 80kph with Jasper. Today the wind was so strong nobody was going quicker than 25kph. I was going around 20kph and having trouble steering due to the wind. And this was just the very, very, very outskirts of the storm. Crazy enough at 3:00 the rain stopped. It is 5:00pm now and all is pretty calm.

http://www.npmoc.navy.mil/jtwc/warnings/wp1305.gif

Or see: http://www.supertyphoon.com/storms/2005/13w.html

No comments: