Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Steve Irwin- put Stingray to death

I always felt Steve Irwin was flirting with death too much. The dangerous profession he rose to stardom with was also his downfall. Never meet the guy, but he did seem in control and professional from the TV clips we are shown.

If a dog, bear, armadillo killed a person we would put it to sleep. I wonder why the Austrailan govenrment is not going after the Stingray. It would seem this Stingray is dangerous. I read that Queensland Police Superintendent Michael Keating said there was no evidence Irwin threatened or intimidated the stingray. Thus the Stingray is a man killer and should be hunted and killed.

A sad example that humans are very vunerable in the wild. However, as our species over runs every piece of land the ocean may be the last place to find wild animals.

Steve Irwin would have made native hunters proud.

UPDATE: (Sept. 13, 2006)
I am totally dumbfounded that I just read an article entitled: Stingrays Mutilated after Steve Irwin's Death. Seems that some people feel the stingrays need a good revenge killing (or beating) after what one did to Steve Irwin. Very sad.

1 comment:

Anton "Kane" Legaspi said...

Just blog hoppin' dude...

I was a big fan of the same wild aussie bloke. A true man of the wild

I agree: Steve would have made native hunters proud.