Monday, September 18, 2006

Why Buy Pirated Goods?

Pirated good articles have been sprinkling the news for years. The movie and recording industry have brought it to light even more so. But pirated goods can be anything from industrial pipes to handbags. I guess just about anything that can turn a good profit will be pirated (counterfited).

But why do people buy them?
1) Try to look wealthy
2) Feel good having the lastest "in-thing"
3) Not having the money to buy the real item
4) Cheaper and looks the same
5) Give as a present
6) I believe most people would never buy the original item anyway- Be it music, movie or fashion item. If I can not get a bootleg copy of a movie that I would like to see, I just would not see it and view another instead.

Well, I'm sure there are better reasons then those, but how about music directly (since I like music and have a record label www.sinklub.com)
1) find out of print material
2) find live recordings
3) find (discover) artists you never heard of
4) like to hear that new CD you know you would never buy
5) throw away music

Pirated items normally have a bit of a "suck" quality to them. I have had watches, belts, CDs, DVDs and other pirated items. I can tell you none of them lasted long or played well. Original items are the best best, but there are times when the street price just wins due to the dockets in the pocket.

No comments: