Friday, September 15, 2006

Turn It Off - John Mayer Continuum

All I've read on this John Mayer Continuum CD is good reviews. I see great interviews and I see people crazy over John Mayer. Let's get the CD. WOW, was I blown away. It was one of the fastest CDs I wanted out of my player. I could not stand the droning and soul sound I was hearing. It was like a nightmare of never ending songs. I gave it a good one shot, but could not get past song #9 “Bold As Love” before turning it off. It was only one listen, may be I need to go back with an open mind and just let it play in the background (a little muzak while I work). Is it the kind of album that needs to grow on you? I may or may not ever find out. But with all the fan-fair I will try again and see what I’ve missed on my first listen. Who knows maybe it will one day be one of my favorites.

Over the past month I have been listening mainly to: Front 242, Nitzer Eeb, VNV Nation, Infam, The Kooks, Panic! At the Disco, Betty Serveert, Tega & Sara, Autechre (would like to hear Autechre Curated 3.0) , Godsmack and Tiamat. As I look at this list I can sorta understand why John Mayer did not tickle my fancy at this time. Oh, well.

No comments: