Friday, April 28, 2006

Viewing the USA from the outside (American Citizen)

I'm a US citizen. I have not lived in the USA for the past 5 years. I have been working and living in Taiwan.

I must admit viewing the USA from the outside of the USA is a bit scarry. All you hear and see are bad images. At times I even think I may be afraid to go back to the USA. The news we receive is fromCNN, BBC TV channels, web news and local English newspapers PLUS movies and music. You very rarely see good positive new. Most of the times you just hear about guns, killings, sexual preditors, war and a govenment that seems to be in grid lock. You see a lot of negative things about the USA. This is not coming from the local news. It is coming from America news channels and Americans. This is what is scarry.

The USA needs to put on a new face and work a new marketing scheme. The current direction frightens people and from what I remember America was a good place to be. (I just hope I don't get sued over saying this - seems like people now sue over hurt feelings).

1 comment:

Michael Turton said...

There's no way to put a good face on iraq, the failure of our health care system, or the Bush Administration's hatred of democracy, freedom, and progressive, human-centered policy.