Friday, May 18, 2007

Running Suspension

First off- Kuddos to SQT Taipei>>Running for Fat Guys. Hit the site for many Taiwan and Taipei links. It is not just about running.

On a sad note I am on a running suspension. I hurt my achilles tendon. How I manged this I have no idea. I started developing pain in my left leg about two weeks prior to my Supau 9K race. Anyway, as mentioned earlier it pained me the whole run.

Doctor says I need to stay off it for 3 months. Stretch, go to therapy, add heat and such was the recommended treatment. So, I guess I should start swimming, but heck no. I have no motivation at all to make swimming a sport for me. I should, but I have some crazy thinking on swimming. Swimming costs too much money to go every other day and for an hour. When I swim I want to go and relax and go for multiple hours. Looks like I will walk and ride a "poor-man's" bike with the kid seat on the back.

The sad part is I have a swimming coach as a friend that would help me. Guess, I just need my arm twisted a bit more or once I see the fat coming back around my gut.

No comments: