Tuesday, April 12, 2005

China Ready to Blow

I am very confused about China. I have traveled there many times and have enjoyed myself immensely. There are changes going on. It may be slow, but changes are happening. The rich are getting richer and the poor seem to be getting poorer. The social gap is growing. Infrastructure is expanding rapidly so much so that is will beat the USA in infrastructure in a few years. In many ways I wish I was in China now. It is such a dynamic society. Times are changing.

Yet there seems to be a strong social unrest. Is there a bubble waiting to break? I have read many accounts of covered up Chinese unrest in small cities. Normally the government needs to intervene and close up the town with violence or just pure force. (check the web you will find the articles).

So what is causing the unrest towards Japan and Taiwan? Is the government sponsoring these events? Are they trying to redirect the people’s anger and energy away from internal affairs? The Anti-Japanese protests seem to be getting larger. Where is this anger coming from? I could only assume it is from the education system. I can only assume the Chinese education system shines one light on many internal subjects (someone from the China education system please enlighten me on this). Is the education system preaching the wrong doings of others and that China is the greatest nation on earth (with no wrong of their own)? Could this be the reason the young generation is becoming so upset with the world?

I have written many questions. I do not have the answers. I am searching for them. I have my own theories on the new “me generation" that is growing in China, but I do not know what is causing this massive swelling of what seems to be “China is right and all others are wrong” mentality.

No comments: