Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Pet Peeves - The Ultimate

I have pet peeves like everybody else. I live in a city of 6 million people. So during the day you would think that you would run dead smack into a least a few pet peeves. Well, I do, but I have now become witness to The Ultimate Pet Peeve. I never knew it existed. I never experience it before. But now that I have experienced it I never want it around me again. I drives me crazy all day. It drives me crazy all night and just about 24 hours a day. Normally the pet peeve is something that just bothers you, maybe something is not clean or you can't find the remote. These to me are just minor inconveniences. My pet peeve has actually materialized. It is a living breathing entity. Not a dog, giraffe, cat or bear but a real live human being. I am shocked that a human can be a pet peeve. It is true that there now exists a walking, talking, breathing human pet peeve. Bad common sense, poor manners, lack of personal space and just general disregard are all there. I never thought it could be embodied in one person, but it is. I am amazed. Due to my job I can not name the person. All I can hope is that you never experience The Ultimate Pet Peeve like I have. All the pet peeves I have ever had could not add up to this moment. I take a deep breath and hope this writing will help clear my mind.

No comments: